The Railway Certification Laboratory was born with the scope of performing conformity tests of basic ERTMS/ ETCS products.
The Laboratory performs certification tests on products used in the railway signalling sector in accordance with European directive 2016/797/EU on the interoperability of the rail system within the Community and related CCS TSI;
With the most advanced equipment to check compliance of products intended to be used in the ERTMS/ETCS trackside or On-board subsystems with the highest possible repeatability level;
Flexible and reliable, offering test activities during the development, pre-certification and certification phases of
- ERTMS/ETCS on-board unit according to UNISIG SUBSET-026, SUBSET-094 and SUBSET-076-6-3 Test Sequences;
- Balises, On-board Transmission Equipment (BTM) and Lineside Electronic Units (LEU) part of the EUROBALISE subsystem according to UNISIG SUBSET-036 and SUBSET-085;
- On-board Transmission Equipment Interface ‘G’ and ‘K’ for KER applications according to UNISIG SUBSET-100, SUBSET-101 and SUBSET-102;
- Loop Transmission Module (LTM) and LEU Interface CL1 interface part of the EUROLOOP subsystem according to UNISIG SUBSET-044 and SUBSET-103;
- Axle Counters equipment according to EN 50617-2;
With a fully dedicated on-field team offering test activities
- during the development, pre-certification and certification phase of CCO subsystem, JRU and GSM-R equipment according to Italian National Standard;
- for measurement of dynamic interaction between catenary and pantograph according to EN 50317:2012 - Chapter 9 arcing and for uplift test of catenary and lowering time of pantograph measurement;
- for harmonics of traction system measurement according to Italian National standard (RFI N.52 /2006 and "Maschera FS 96" RFI n. 370582 esp 1/1997) and Fiche UIC 550;
- for rolling stock electromagnetic compatibility verification according to EN 50121-3-1;
- for measurement of magnetic field level generated by electronic and electrical apparatus with respect to human exposure according to EN 50500;
- for checking electromagnetic compatibility between rolling stock and track-side equipment according to interface document ERA/ERTMS/033281;
- for rolling stock electromagnetic emission measurement to demonstrate the compatibility with axle counter systems according to EN 50592;
High level of automation combined with RINA experience in testing ERTMS/ETCS products to ensure full assistance while the tests are being carried out as well as strong reduction of time and cost.
Laboratory at a glance
- Two test benches fully compliant to UNISIG SUBSET-036, SUBSET-085, SUBSET-044, SUBSET-103, SUBSET-100, SUBSET-101, SUBSET-102 and EN 50617-2;
- Two test benches fully compliant to UNISIG SUBSET-094, SUBSET-026 and SUBSET-076;
- Complete EMC compatibility instrument suite;
- Study, design and installation on rolling stock of the required measurement system;
- Modern cutting edge equipment compliant to the reference standards
- More than 300 mq area dedicated to testing activities
- More than 3,000 hours dedicated in R&D projects in CCS framework.
Over the years, our personnel have acquired considerable experience in railway field, actively contributing to defining the international reference standards and continuously collaborating with the main European bodies for the updating and harmonisation of test specifications.
To submit complaints, observations and appeals please write us here.