Ship Recycling Regulations lay down requirements that ships and recycling facilities have to fulfil to ensure environmental sound and safe ship recycling. Enrol in this course and familiarize yourself with the IMO Hong Kong Convention, the EU Ship Recycling Regulation, and get practical assistance on how to develop and maintain the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM).
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to email@example.com.
Duration: 2 days
Price: EUR 500,00 (plus VAT) per attendee.
- Familiarization with IMO Hong Kong Convention for Safe and Environmentally sound recycling in conformity with EU Regulation 1257/2013
- Studying of the comprehensive preparation process of IHM desk preparations
- Differences between HKC and EU Regulation
- Sharing knowledge and experiences
- Provision of best practice methods
- Overview on HKC
- Preparation for IHM New ships
- Preparation for IHM for Existing ships
- Role of the surveyor
- Role of HAZMAT expert
- Certification & reporting
- HazMats: Statistics - Training - Asbestos - Polychlorinated Biphenyls - Ozone depleting substances - Organotin Compounds (found in paint)
- Laws and Regulations: UN Regulations - EU-Regulations EU 1257/2013 - IMO Maritime Regulations - Position of EU - SOLAS - MARPOL - Convention - Hong Kong Convention - ISO 30000:2009
- Introduction to preparation of IHM: System of sampling - Detailed checkpoints - Rule for safe sampling - Transport of IHM samples - Type of samples - Methods - Lab - Calculation of results - Weight calculation - IHM examples
- Recycling FacilitiesAssessment of Recycling Facilities
- Ship Recycling Plan