Management of risk and investigation of incidents are mandatory tasks in the context of the International Safety Management Code (ISM Code). This course equips maritime professionals with the theoretical and practical knowledge that allow for an effective involvement in the entire safety management process, from identifying hazards, risk assessment and risk mitigation through appropriate risk control options. Systematic incident investigation techniques are elaborated that include effective root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action planning.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the next course:
Duration: 2 days
Price: EUR 600 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 2 days
Price: EUR 650 (plus VAT, if applicable)
This online (live) course will provide participants with the appropriate knowledge, skills, qualification and relevant tools (methodologies, procedures, etc.) for effectively carrying out risk assessments and conducting incident investigations for the continuous improvement of the Company’s safety management system.
More specifically, practical approach will be provided in regards the philosophy and methods of risk analysis, risk assessment and management; as well as incident Investigation and root cause tools. On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify hazards and risks
- Conduct risk assessments
- Manage risk, decision making
- Carry out incident investigations from non-complex accidents to major undesired events, including: gathering of evidence and compelling a sequence of events, root cause analysis, producing action plans (corrective/preventive actions) and lessons learnt
- Safety vs Security
- Risk definition and Risk Assessment approach
- Hazard identification methodologies
- Barriers and existing controls
- Risk analysis methodologies
- Likelihood estimation, severity scale and risk evaluation
- Quantitative and qualitative Risk Assessment
- Incident Management
- Incident Investigation - Main definitions and concepts, Incident Investigation techniques (Root Cause Analysis)
- Collecting info/ incident’s sequence of events
- The Human Element (How humans fail)
- Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Incident Reporting and Follow-up
- Practical Case Study
There are no entrance requirements, as the essential information on risk-assessment and incident investigation are included in the material. This course is equally suitable for any professional who has, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of the continuous improvement of the Company’s safety management system in relation with the risk management and incident investigation, and wants to develop the proper knowledge and skills to be part of the decision making process for safety in a shipping company.
Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation certificate is issued upon successful completion of the final exam.