Activities of loss prevention in the oil & gas, energy, chemical and petrochemical industries concern the identification and assessment of possible plant accidents and losses, including process safety issues, with the aim to ensure the required engineering and operational measures to prevent or mitigate loss.
- Hazard identification workshops (HAZOP, HAZID) and Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) to identify process deviations and external events that may impair plant safety or operation
- Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA) to assess any possible risk to population and personnel deriving from accidents that may originate in the plant
- Fire and Explosion Risk Analysis (FERA) to evaluate the need and characteristics of fire protection and blast protection measures for equipment and buildings
- Dropped Object Analysis, to assess the risk of load handling impacting critical areas of a facility
- Ship Impact Analysis, to assess the risk of ship traffic impacting an offshore facility
- 3D Consequence modeling to identify areas involved in the effects of a possible release of hazardous substances in a complex environment
- HSE Management of projects and development/audit of HSE management systems
- Reliability Availability and Maintainability analysis (RAM), to calculate the predicted performance of the system in terms of expected throughput.