A full suite of development services is required to achieve planning approval and a grid connection offer for power generation projects, to the point where a project can be considered viable for contract tendering and achieve a bankable status.
Acting as Owner’s Engineer - under formal appointment to the project -, means providing project management capabilities, ranging from a simple onsite construction supervision role to full responsibility for contact administration or engagement with all stakeholders.
- Grid connection: establishment of connection feasibility, including capacity under different distribution or transmission voltages, optimization of connection costs and associated offsite reinforcement tasks versus onsite customer tasks, review of grid offers or connection agreements
- Environmental services: Review of pre- and post-commencement environmental tasks and consent or permit compliance requirements
- Site investigation: coordination of geotechnical and geo-environmental investigations and studies including land contamination and risk assessments
- Regulatory compliance: we assure that all services provided to you are in strict compliance with all appropriate rules and regulations. RINA is able to coordinate and provide the necessary support for the submission of designs to the appropriate regulatory bodies for their review/approval
- Equipment selection: verification of technical characteristics, regulatory compliance, standard contract terms and historic performance
- Transportation, access and installation: assessment of delivery constraints, review of highway agreements and third-party access rights, lay down and access track configurations
- Civil tasks / mechanical installations: confirmation of the specification of all onsite ground tasks and / or mechanical installation details. Review of construction, restoration, decommissioning & reinstatement methodologies and statements
- Electrical tasks: review of the onsite tasks outside of the responsibility of the network operator. Establishment of scope of supply interfaces for equipment supply, installation and testing
- Ancillary tasks: confirmation of the requirements for SCADA telecommunications and metering.
- Concept and feasibility
- Planning and market analysis
- Permitting engineering
- Architect engineering
- Owner engineering
- Procurement coordination
- Construction management
- Transportation and installation supervision
- Testing and commissioning management
- Health and safety management.
RINA can assist clients by providing tailored service packages to meet their specific requirements and offer support from the initial feasibility to decommissioning - supporting the progression of a project all the way through feasibility, development, construction and operational phases.
Our services aim at meeting project requirements in a timely and efficient manner, considering technical, economic, financial and environmental aspects. Our project control services support customers during the complex management of the construction phase.