For a specific project the Material Management team interfaces with the top management, QA/QC staff, engineering department and suppliers’ chain in order to guarantee that the delivery of materials/components to the destination site does not suffer any delay due to unexpected issues and helps finding a shared technical solution in such cases.
For companies operating in Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industries, needing a timely flow of materials/components and data, these services are essential in order to:
- be supported in all phases of the supply chain
- receive coordination with all the project interfaces (management, engineering, procurement, site inspection) through a timely and proper communication and reporting
- articulate and deliver a sustainable business to stakeholders
- have reassurance that products, components and materials meet specified requirements and regulatory demands
- mitigate the risks
- provide benchmark for high quality production and services helping to save time and money
- Procurement supervision of raw materials, packages, skids or finished products from external suppliers
- supervision of sub-contracted production
- general management of material flow to/from the supplier/manufacturer premises
- support to transport organization for critical or urgent deliveries, particularly those where rapid and reliable transport is required
- interface with the shipping companies in order to have a direct control on the delivery through shipping document control and monitoring of the custom clearance operations
- provision of shipping plan.
RINA, through its wide worldwide footprint, can support customers by deploying directly at the client office or as resident at critical supplier premises a widespread network of technicians with a large knowledge of international standards, high level of technical skills and multidisciplinary qualifications.