Internal audits are an integral part of the management process. Enrol this course and get the skills and qualification to perform efficient ISM, ISPS and MLC audits. This course, while observing the ISO 19011 standard as the official guidance for the conduction of audits, focuses on the audits activity in the context of the safety management system and other management systems of shipping companies.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the next course:
Duration: 10am to 4pm (CET) each day
Price: EUR 600 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 10am to 5pm (Athens time)
Price: EUR 650 (plus VAT, if applicable)
- To provide participants with the necessary know-how, in terms of management of tools and relations within the shipping company, to plan and carry out audits.
- To develop auditor knowledge relating to specific aspects of the ISM, ISPS and MLC and their application in order to improve the effectiveness of the audits ashore and on board ship.
- Audit planning and preparation
- Organising an opening/closing meeting
- Performing an audit, recording non-conformities and reporting
- Corrective, preventive actions and continuous improvement
- Auditor’s characteristics
The course will develop, highlighting the most significant elements, the following aspects:ù
- ISM code requirements and mandatory requirements
- Key functions for SMS implementation
- External audits (governmental, PSC)
- ISPS Code Objectives and Requirements
- MLC Objectives and requirements
There are no entrance requirements, as the essential information on shipping rules such as ISM, ISPS, and MLC is included in the material. This course is equally suitable for any professional who has, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of safety, security, health and hygiene, and pollution prevention, and wants to develop the proper auditing skills to support the gradual improvement of the applicable management system(s).
Internal Auditor certificate is issued upon successful completion of the final exam.