Maintenance of Part I of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM Part I) is a key requirement of the EU Ship Recycling Regulation. This course is developed specifically for the maintenance face of the IHM Part I and targets the Designated Person as well as other personnel involved in the IHM maintenance duties.
The course incudes an extended practical section with examples from onboard and ashore procedures that should be included in the life cycle management of the IHM Part I.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the next course:
Duration: 10am to 4pm (CET)
Price: EUR 600 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 10am to 5pm (Athens time)
Price: EUR 650 (plus VAT, if applicable)
This online (live) course has been developed to provide participants with basic knowledge of the status and main features of the regulatory framework for ship recycling (EU SRR and the IMO HKC). Essential knowledge about the responsibilities imposed to shipping companies from the ship recycling regulations shall be acquired as well as essential information on the hazardous materials that are requested to be examined onboard ships. The development and maintenance the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) shall be learnt.
The course aims at providing the participants with the appropriate knowledge and skills to perform the activities of development and maintenance of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM).
- Ship Recycling – Status and General Information (problem setting, market conditions, ship recycling methods)
- Ship Recycling Regulations & Application: IMO Hong Kong Convention (IMO HKC) EU Ship Recycling Regulation (EU SRR)
- Scope & Application of IHM: Part I, Part II Part III, New & Existing ships
- Best practice guidance on the development and maintenance of the IHM
- Surveys and Certificates
- Ship Recycling Inspections / Port State Control
- The IHM development process for New and Existing Ships
- The IHM submission package
- Vessel Sampling Checking Plan (VSCP)
- The IHM Part I maintenance activities
- Material Declaration and Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
- RINA Software for IHM maintenance
- Case studies
Professionals, engineers, managers and executives that are (or going to be engaged) in the compliance activities with the European Ship Recycling Regulation (SRR) and the Hong Kong Convention (HKC) of IMO.
RINA Attendance Certificate.