The Designated Person Ashore (DPA) is one of the key roles for the proper implementation of the Company’s Safety Management System onboard the vessels. Hence having a proper understanding of their role, responsibilities and authority is of paramount importance.
This course equips the participants with in-depth knowledge and a practical approach to monitoring and verifying safety, quality, health and pollution prevention activities as defined in international rules and regulations (ISM Code) towards achieving zero incidents. The course fulfils the IMO MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6 “Guideline for implementation Ashore of the International Safety Management Code (ISM Code) in Shipping Companies” and the relevant ISM Code C h. IV requirement.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the next course:
Duration: 2 days
Price: EUR 600 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 2 days
Price: EUR 650 (plus VAT, if applicable)
The course aims to provide participants with the necessary know-how of the ISM Code and in the basic ship management and to equip them with the full understanding of the role and responsibilities of the DPA, the skills, the job description and all the tasks ashore and onboard.
- General Requirements of the Safety Management System
- The key roles for the implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management System
- The technical and operation aspects of ISM
- The role of the Designated Person Ashore
- The knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code
- The mandatory regulations, codes, guidelines and standards
- Assessment techniques and the management system audit
- The Designated Person Ashore (DPA): skills, job description, tasks ashore and onboard
- Stakeholders in shipboard operators
- Effective communications
The teaching methodology covers the analysis of several examples and practical exercises.
A variety of professionals in the maritime industry including quality managers, designated persons DPA, deputy DPA, superintendents, nautical officers, engineers.
RINA Attendance Certificate is issued upon successful completion of the final exam.This course fulfills the IMO MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6 “Guideline for implementation Ashore of the International Safety Management Code (ISM Code) in Shipping Companies” and the relevant ISM Code C h. IV requirement.