This course aims to provide the essential technical knowledge on the specific safety requirements of battery powered ships during sailing and port operations. Participants will receive information on the battery systems available for onboard use and the construction practices for the battery powered ships. Safety principles, in the context of the applicable Class Rules, are discussed together with the specific control, monitoring, alarm and safety systems of battery powered ships.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: 1 day
Price: EUR 300 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 1 day
Price: EUR 330 (plus VAT, if applicable)
- To provide knowledge on battery construction and principles.
- To enhance understanding of minimum safe requirements for Hybrid Ships, powered by batteries during port operations or sailing.
- To learn about Class Rules, Safety Principles and construction practices.
- Air pollution and emissions impact for ship transport
- Introduction to marine transport lowering emissions applicable rules
- General principles for ships powered by batteries
- Lithium batteries: constructions and performance indicators
- Lead/Nickel-Cadmium batteries
- Safeguards principles and ventilation
- Location for battery rooms
- Rules for ship classification and relevant class notation
- Risk evaluation & risk assessment
- Electrical protecti n and battery charger
- Control, Monitoring, Alarm & Safety Systems
- Equipment and system test
- Maritime shore personnel
- Masters and crew
- Personnel of R & D departments and New building departments
- Port & Terminal operators