A Ship Superintendent’s role and scope, is wide ranging and requires complete alertness and vigilance because of the great responsibilities bestowed upon him.
Superintendent training is necessary to become a good and successful ship superintendent. Follow this course and learn all the requirements that a Superintendent needs to comply with for an effectively achieving all his tasks in the Organization.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to email@example.com.
Duration: 3 days - 18 hours overall
Price: EUR 650,00 (plus VAT; if applicable) per attendee.
This three-day practical workshop starts with a basic introduction to the role of a superintendent within the organization of a shipping company and the interrelation of the company with other stakeholders in the shipping industry.
Course objectives are to understand:
- What it means to be a Superintendent
- Responsibilities of a Superintendent
- Different Roles of a Superintendent
- Inter Linking with other Company Departments
- Inter Linking with other Marine Parties
- Company organization: how the departments are interrelated and work together
- Marine industry and its stakeholders/ How they interface with the superintendent
- Bringing a ship into management - Registration/change of flag requirements
- System of maritime regulations, codes, standards, guidelines and their implementation
- Surveys and certificates
- Vessel support
- Superintendent duties and responsibilities
- Insurance casualties and accidents
- Drydocking and major repairs/updates
- Dealing with day-to-day issues
- Environmental compliance (EEDI, EEXI)
- Soft skills requirements of a Superintendent
- Maritime shore personnel
- Technical and Marine Superintendents
- Fleet Manager
- Technical Manager
- New Building Superintendent
- Shipyard Technical personnel
- Masters and Chief Engineers
RINA Attendance certificate.