This course has been developed in line with the requirements set in the EU Ship Recycling Regulation, and provides the people involved in the Inventory of Hazardous Material (IHM) process, with the appropriate training, qualification and knowledge to perform their respective duties.
The training syllabus follows the requirements set in the EMSA Guidance for training and qualification for IHM experts. Participants get internationally recognized IHM inspector qualification for the initial survey and also for annual maintenance.
Our team is ready to provide you with further information. Contact us at email@example.com.
Register for the next course:
Duration: 3 days
Price: EUR 850 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 3 days
Price: EUR 920 (plus VAT, if applicable)
- The EU SRR and the EU relevant legislation, the basic principles of the IMO KC
- EMSA’s best practice guidance on the development and maintenance of the IHM
- Inventory of Hazardous Materials preparation for new and existing ships
- Development of the IHM
- Properties of the hazardous materials
- How to prepare a Vessel Sampling Checking Plan (VSCP)
- Hazardous materials virtual survey onboard
- Checking/sampling onboard ships
- Health and Safety. Precautionary measures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Calculation of the hazardous materials amounts based on the analyzed results
- Hazardous materials survey reports
- Preparation of a successful IHM submission
Maritime professionals, engineers, managers and executives who are (or going to be) engaged in hazardous materials surveys onboard and need Hazmat Expert qualification.
HAZMAT Expert Certificate / Certification is issued upon successful completion of the final exam.