Vendor inspections are surveillance activities carried out at supplier's premises. This service is particularly relevant in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Pipelines, Marine, Mining, Infrastructure, Transportation & Renewables industries where clients procurement departments may procure a considerable amount of items, with many different manufacturers around the world.
- assure the development and continued operation of a project, which depends on the right quality of equipment, products and components delivered by vendors
- verify the conformity with the requirements of applicable international or national codes, standards and technical specifications stated in the contract between client and manufacturer, before the products are dispatched.
- detect eventual defects at source
- determinate in advance the compliance with client expectations, in order to minimize or avoid safety issues and the risk of extra costs, due to subsequent failures at site.
The main areas of inspection are:
- Bulk materials: pipes, valves, fittings, flanges, rebar etc
- Electrical components: electric motors, actuators, converters, transformers, UPS and MCC panels, etc
- Packaged & static equipment: skids, boilers, vessels, fire-fighting equipment, cranes, heat exchangers, stacks and incinerators, etc
- Rotating equipment: turbo gas generators and compressors, pumps, etc.
- Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers, Flexibles and power cables
- OCTG, linepipes, plates & D&C equipment
- Drilling Rig components; top drive, travelling block, draw works, mud pumps, BOP, monkey board etc
- Wind turbine blades, nacelle, tower, gearbox, cables etc
- Longwall mining units, stackers, reclaimers, excavators, hoists, drills etc
Our Inspectors conduct second and third party inspections (3.2 certification) of mechanical parts, electrical components and commodities, according a clients detailed assignment and applying contractual specifications, codes and international standards. We apply a rigourous vetting process of candidate qualification, selection and monitoring to ensure only the most competent and experienced Inspector suited to the job is selected appointed for the job.
Reports are issued in line with clients requirements following implementation of some or all of the following phases:
- Pre-Inspection Meeting
- Interim/Progressive Inspections – witness/monitor/hold/review points during manufacturing and testing
- Final inspection and acceptance (FAT)
- Data documentation reviews
- System Integration Testing (SIT)
- String Testing
- Pre-Shipment inspection before load out
As additional value, our specialists have the necessary expertise and skills to:
- Review/critique specifications and ITP/QCP’s & MPS documentation
- Review Welding procedures and
- cover positions as an Inspection Coordinator inside a clients organization.
- We are a global company with a wide International footprint (about 4.000 qualified technicians)
- Experienced and reliable
- We offer a full range of bundled multi-disciplinary services.
- Competent, highly skilled workforce
- Reputation and track record
- Flexibility, reaction time, customer care
- We have dedicated tools to manage inspections worldwide
- Every client is a partner.