The certification of personnel performing non-destructive tests on welded joints and materials in the industrial, railway and civil sectors covers all the major national and international standards such as UNI EN ISO 9712, UNI EN 12927-8:2005, SNT TC 1A, API, LG ANSF and RINA Regulations.
The main benefits of this certification are:
- provides qualified market operators with the ability to operate professionally according to internationally recognised rules and techniques
- contributes to raising the quality standards of the entire process chain (constructors, diagnostic instruments, operators, designers, testers, contractors, users)
- gives objective evidence of the correct management of personnel and production processes
- provides objective technical credentials of the staff’s mandatory capacity under the EU directives
- provides a legal guardian to protect the responsibility of the manufacturer or service company who performs the controls.
- the company requests an offer
- RINA issues a services proposal tailored to the needs expressed by the company; once these are accepted, the parties sign a services contract
- qualification tests according to the required regulations
- qualification report with the final report of the examining commission
- the relevant certificates are issued after approval by the Technical Certification Committee
- the automatic expiry alert system is activated for the company to notify when its certificates are about to expire.
RINA has been working for decades on the qualification of non-destructive testing personnel. For staff certification, RINA operates under ACCREDIA accreditation according to UNI CEI EN ISO / IEC 17024.In February 2019 RINA obtained the extension of ACCREDIA accreditation for the UNI EN 12927-8:2005 standard (professional figures performing magnetic rope testing - MRT), applying the flexible accreditation scope with reference to the UNI EN ISO 9712 standard.