Do not wait until you will be asked to contribute to an incident investigation. Management and investigation of onboard incidents are mandatory tasks in the context of the International Safety Management Code (ISM Code).
This course refreshes the steps of incident investigation to proceed with a practical part where participants will work on real cases from onboard, conducting an incident investigation with elected systematic incident investigation techniques. The course is suitable for onboard and ashore personnel.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to email@example.com.
Duration: 1 day
Price: EUR 300 (plus VAT, if applicable)
Physical classroom at Greece's facilities
Duration: 1 day
Price: EUR 330 (plus VAT, if applicable)
To provide a practical approach to effectively conduct an incident investigation and root cause analysis for the continuous improvement of the Company’s safety management system.
To train the participants to have the knowledge and ability to:
- Carry out incident investigations from non-complex accidents to major undesired events
- analyse the root causes
- produce action plans, lessons learnt and reports.
- Overview of the Rules/Regulations and Definitions
- The Human Element
- Incident Management
- Conduct an Interview
- Incident Investigation and techniques
- Gathering evidence
- Root Cause Analysis and Techniques
- Corrective and Preventive Actions - Lessons Learnt
- Incident Repot & Follow up
- Practical Case Studies (Fault Tree Analysis, 5-Whys, Cause & Effect Factor, etc)
A wide variety of professionals in the maritime industry that are likely to conduct an incident investigation and should be aware with and understand the methodologies of Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation.