The carriage of dangerous goods in packaged form shall comply with the relevant provisions of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code which is considered an extension to the provisions of SOLAS chapter VII. Enroll to this course and acquire a summary of the IMDG Code and the basic training regarding all problems related to the safety of dangerous goods carried by sea in packages.
Our team remains available to provide you with any further information you may need. Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: 1 day
Price: EUR 300,00 (plus VAT) per attendee.
- To acquire basic training regarding all problems related to the safety of dangerous goods carried by sea in packages (including amendments 34-08 of the IMDG Code).
- To be in compliance with the legislation regarding updating requirements for training of personnel operating in companies connected with the transport of dangerous goods.
During the one day course and following a summary of the IMDG Code, a description will be given of the classificationof dangerous goods, packaging, marking and labeling, stowage, segregation, emergency procedures, first aid measures, safe handling procedures, documentation, local port rules and national transport regulations, guides and other international rules.
The list of contents is the following:
- Introduction to the carriage of dangerous goods by sea
- The classification of dangerous goods
- List of dangerous goods, limited quantities and excepted quantities
- Requirements for packagings and containers for dangerous goods
- Consignment procedures and transport documents
- Local provisions and requirements
- Stowage and securing
- Procedures for emergency interventions and medical first aid guidelines
- Handling and movement of dangerous goods in port areas