The ISO 22716 international standard describes the good manufacturing practices for cosmetic products.
In line with state-of-the-art and European reference standards, it provides personnel management, hygiene and safety requirements for premises, equipment and packaging, production and packaging processes, and laboratory testing.
The adoption of the guidelines provide the following advantages:
- support for improving the management of a cosmetics company
- greater consumer assurance on quality, dermatological safety, and performance of the product
- systematic application and relative capitalisation of good business practices
- compliance with applicable binding rules
- greater communication transparency throughout the supply chain.
- information questionnaire compiled and submitted to RINA
- RINA provides an offer and the parties conclude the contract
- optional pre-audit
- initial certification audit and documentation review
- issuance of the certificate
- annual surveillance audits
- recertification audit (every 36 months).