27 - 30 Oct 2020
How can meet the EU 2030 and 2050 Climate and Energy goals and achieve a more sustainable built environment?
The EU 2030 and 2050 Climate and Energy goals cannot be met without addressing buildings and the built environment at the building, district and urban level.
Being at the forefront of Research & Innovation activities to make our built environment more sustainable and energy-efficient has always been one of our priorities and we are glad to announce our participation at Sustainable Places 2020, a digital event dedicated to the dissemination of innovative technologies and solutions to meet the European Commission Societal Challenges and to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In particular, we are going to be present at the following events targeting different societal challenges:
- “Behavioural change towards energy efficiency by utilizing ICT tools workshop”, taking place on Wednesday 28th October from 09.00 - 12.00 CEST, where our project manager Federica Fuligni – RINA Innovation for Energy – will present InBetween (GA n 768776) platform (App and Web-Application) for buildings, which induces energy efficient lifestyles by simultaneously assisting users to identify energy wastes, learn how they can conserve energy and motivate them to act.
- "Energy Communities in Practice: The What's and the How's", taking place on Wednesday 28th October from 14.00 to 17.00 CEST. Our Alessandra Cuneo – RINA Innovation for Energy – will present explain how MUSE GRIDS (GA N. 824441) will validate technical and non-technical solutions towards the creation of two local energy communities: a town on a top of a hill in Italy, Osimo and a rural neighbourhood in Belgium, Oud Heverlee
- “Energy Transition on European Islands”, taking place on Thursday 29th October from 13.00 to 15.00. There, our Stefano Barberis – RINA Innovation for Energy – will show how to make the energy transition on islands a reality from the innovation to the implementation, showing the experience of SMILE (GA 731249) and INSULAE (GA n. 824433) projects.
- “Renewable Heating and Cooling Solutions for Buildings and Industry Workshop”, taking place on Thursday 29th October from 14.00 to 17.00 CEST and where our Alessandra Cuneo will explain how renewable energy technologies for heating and cooling are safe, clean, efficient and increasingly cost-competitive through the experience of SunHorizon (GA 818329 ) project
- “Deep renovation Joint Workshop 2.0”, taking place on Friday 30th October from 09.00 to 12.00 CEST. In the framework of this event, our Fabrizio Tavaroli – RINA Land Infrastructure & Building- and Claudia Portulano – RINA Industry Customers' Marketing Intelligence - will present a real renovation case (an educational building in Genova, Italy) and the main features an innovative e-Marketplace (both results achieved in the context of P2Endure project – GA 723391). Moreover, our Daniela Reccardo – RINA T&I Research & Innovation - will present innovative insulating components and materials for cost-effective retrofitting or new curtain wall facades (developed in the framework on EENSULATE project – GA N. 723868) and our Paola Robello- RINA T&I Research & Innovation - will show how thanks to ENVISION innovations (GA 767180) it is possible to develop a full renovation concept that, for the first time, harvests energy from all building surfaces (transparent and opaque). Last but not least, our Enrico Scoditti – RINA Land Infrastructure & Building - will explain how to achieve nearly zero energy renovation for buildings and neighbourhoods through the experience of Renozeb project (GA No. 768718)
Would you like to have a first-hand experience and find out how you can benefit from all these innovative technologies and solutions?
Register now for Sustainable Places 2020!
All projects have received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme