|Energy & Mobility
||October 2021 - September 2026
||AEROPORTS DE PARIS SA
Our world is facing unprecedented environmental challenges and for this reason is mandatory a drop in CO2 emissions.
Against this backdrop, the European Commission has issued the European Green Deal, an ambitious plan toward a fully sustainable economy, including aviation.
OLGA project aims to reduce the environmental impact of the aviation sector and develop innovative and sustainable solutions to:
- reduce CO2 emissions;
- optimise energy efficiency;
- preserve biodiversity
- improve air quality and waste management while involving the entire aviation value chain.
Four European airports take part in the project:
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport in France as a frontrunner;
- Zagreb Airport in Croatia;
- Milan-Malpensa in Italy;
- Cluj in Romania.
Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport is therefore positioned as the leader of a consortium carrying out major environmental innovations deployed and disseminated until 2026.
As RINA we are strongly involve in decarbonisation programmes which also foresee the increase of the use of hydrogen as a sustainable energy solution to power the future.
Hydrogen is the missing link in the energy transition and there is growing evidence that it can have a pivotal role to play in achieving deep decarbonisation of our society and can be the fuel of the future.
In the framework of OLGA project, we are involved in the preparatory activity of the transport demand/supply and forecasting analysis which will include the whole range of innovative and environmentally sustainable way of accessing airports (i.e: e-buses, autonomous vehicles, train, eVTOL, car-sharing, and eVTOL as an evolution of the current helicopter transportation services).
Moreover, we are involved in the activities related with the Green Hydrogen production in Malpensa. In particular, we will take care of the preliminary engineer needed for the design of the hydrogen refuelling station in Malpensa airport. The idea of the MXP green-H2 hub is to operate for at least two years, providing green-H2 to local purposes (e.g. buses – WP2 - and operating vehicles (trucks, GSE etc.) etc.)
The main outcomes of the project are linked with three main aviation subsectors.
- Decarbonising ground operations towards net-zero CO2 emissions
- Hydrogen Hub for ground operations and aircraft
- Sustainable Aviation Fueling (SAF)
Passenger & Cargo:
- Increasing the modal share of carbon-free transport for airport-city journeys
- Waste reduction
- Energy savings in terminals
Community & Territories :
- Improving air quality on the airside and the city side
- Reducing electricity consumption of aircraft lighting
- Improving biodiversity index
OLGA project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement n° 101036871.
1. AEROPORTS DE PARIS SA – France 2. HUB ONE- France 3. SOCIETA PER AZIONI ESERCIZI AEROPORTUALI SE - Italy 4. AIT AUSTRIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GMBH - Austria 5. IFP Energies nouvelles - France 6. AIRPORT REGIONS COUNCIL - Belgium 7. ENVISA SAS - France 8. AIR FRANCE SA – France 9. L - UP SAS - France 10. SNAM S.P.A. - Italy 11. BUREAU VERITAS EXPLOITATION - France 12. BUREAU VERITAS ITALIA SPA - Italy 13. SERVICE TECHNIQUE DE L'AVIATION CIVILE - France 14.
EUROCONTROL - EUROPEAN ORGANISATION FOR THE SAFETY OF AIR NAVIGATION - Belgium 15. ASSOCIATION FRANCAISE POUR LA PROMOTION DES EQUIPEMENTS ET SERVICES AEROPORTUAIRES ET ATC PROAVIA - France 16.
PARCO LOMBARDO VALLE DEL TICINO -Italy 17. SAFETY LINE - France 18. ENGIE - France 19. INEO ENERGY AND SYSTEMS - France 20. ENGIE ENERGIE SERVICES - France 21. 22. ENGIE GLOBAL MARKETS - France 23.ASSOCIATION POUR LA RECHERCHE ET LE DEVELOPPEMENT DES METHODES ET PROCESSUS INDUSTRIELS - France 24. ECOLE NATIONALE SUPERIEURE DES MINES DE PARIS - France 25. TRANSDEV GROUP - France 26. SMART AIRPORT SYSTEMS - France 27. MEDUNARODNA ZRACNA LUKA ZAGREB DD - Croatia 28. MZLZ-ZEMALJSKE USLUGE DOO - Croatia 29. MZLZ - UPRAVITELJ ZRACNE LUKE ZAGREB DOO- Croatia 30. INFRA PLAN KONZALTNIG JDOO ZA USLUGE - Croatia 31. UNIVERSITE PARIS XII VAL DE MARNE – France 32. ECATS INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION AISBL - Belgium 33. DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUR LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV - Germany 34. THE MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN 35. UNIVERSITY - United Kingdom 36. ASSAIA INTERNATIONAL AG - Switzerland 37. AEROPORTUL INTERNATIONAL AVRAM IANCU CLUJ RA - Romania 38. INSTITUTUL NATIONAL DE CERCETARE-DEZVOLTARE TURBOMOTOARE – COMOTI - Romania 39. AIR LIQUIDE FRANCE INDUSTRIE - France 40. L AIR LIQUIDE SA - France 41. UNIVERSITATEA TEHNICA CLUJ-NAPOCA - Romania 42. B & S RESO NET SRL - Romania 43. ADDAIR - France 44. WALTR - France
BATIRIM SAS - France 45. ITW GSE - Denmark 46. ERICSSON NIKOLA TESLA D.D. - Croatia 47. SVEUCILISTE U ZAGREBU, FAKULTET STROJARSTVA I BRODOGRADNJE - Croatia 48. SVEUCILISTE U ZAGREBU FAKULTET PROMETNIH ZNANOSTI - Croatia 49. GDI DRUSTVO S OGRANICENOM ODGOVORNOSCU ZA PROIZVODNJU, TRGOVINU I USLUGE - Croatia 50. MUNICIPIUL CLUJ-NAPOCA - Romania 51. RINA CONSULTING SPA - Italy 52. RINA TECH UK LTD - United Kingdom 53. CONSORZIO INTERUNIVERSITARIO PER L'OTTIMIZZAZIONE E LA RICERCA OPERATIVA - Italy 54. UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI MODENA E REGGIO EMILIA - Italy 55. CENTRO TESSILE COTONIERO E ABBIGLIAMENTO SPA - Italy