Our laboratory carries out all the fire resistance and reaction tests required by national and international regulations.
In particular, we test materials to be used in the marine field and specified in the International Maritime Organization’s “International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures” and in Community Directive 96/98/EC and subsequent amendments, for which RINA acts as Body notified by the Italian Administration.
- Fire resistance test of “A”, “B” and “F” class divisions (decks, bulkheads, ceilings, doors, windows, fire dampers, pipe penetrations and cable transits) - IMO FTP Code 2010 – Part 3
- Fire resistance test of fire door control systems - IMO FTP Code 2010 – Part 4
- Fire resistance test of non-load bearing divisions of high-speed craft - IMO FTP Code 2010 - Part 11
- Fire resistance test of load-bearing divisions of high-speed craft, having a structural metal core as presupposed in Part 3 of IMO FTP Code 2010 for “A” class divisions - IMO FTP Code 2010 – Part 11
- Non-combustibility test - IMO FTP Code 2010 - Part 1
- Determination of surface flammability of bulkhead, ceiling, deck finish materials and primary deck coverings - IMO FTP Code 2010 - Part 5
- Determination of calorific potential: UNI EN ISO 1716
- Determination of flammability of plastic sheeting and cellular plastics: ASTM D 1692