RINA provides a wide range of performance assessment services to clients from all industry sectors, including laboratory and full scale testing, type approval testing, and electrical, mechanical and materials testing, in accordance with international industry standards or specific client requirements.
We also provide independent design verification of products and third-party witnessing of manufacturing processes, factory acceptance testing and commissioning activities. Our expertise includes the assessment of electrical, electronic, mechanical, metallurgical, ceramic and polymeric materials.
- Numerical modelling and full-scale testing methods that aid in predicting the future performance of steel pipeline materials with anomalies such as dents, wrinkle bends, and flaws in seam welds and vintage girth welds
- Assessment of fracture control on steel gas pipelines in accordance with relevant standards (API 5L and ISO 3183), using state-of-the-art models and experimental validation by fracture propagation testing in full-scale conditions
- Testing and qualification of threaded premium connections for tubing and casing
- Testing of plastic petrol pipes used in a range of different fuel applications
- Mechanical, low and high temperature, fuel contact, weathering, electrical and pressure tests on manufacturers’ pipes and fittings
- Permeation testing on water pipes, aimed at excluding potential contamination permeating through the pipe wall.