||October 2020 - September 2024
The energy performance of industrial production systems represents a significant challenge for the manufacturing sector.
ECOFACT has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N. 958373 to develop and demonstrate an eco-innovative energy factory management platform based on improved dynamic Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) towards holistic manufacturing sustainability.
The project focuses on the effective combination of ICTs for advanced data collection and processing, which enables a streamlined decision-making process within the production chain, enhancing interoperability and flexibility.
Digital Twin for the demonstration environments will also be developed for the operation simulations.
The project aims to maximize the potential for replicability, upscaling and standardization within different plant sizes and manufacturing sectors.
In the framework of ECOFACT, RINA is in charge of:
- Support to baseline characterization of the project industrial sites, methodology and KPI framework definition
- Development of algorithms for industrial energy flexibility and optimized management of generation assets
- Support to decision-making algorithms and integration of the tools for the platform development
- Supervision of one demonstration site and contribution to the evaluation activities
- Assessment of the certification and regulatory framework related to the energy efficiency in industrial sectors
- Identification of potential sectors and plants for replication, exploitation of results, enhancement and involvement of stakeholders
In conclusion, ECOFACT platform will be deployed in different and complex manufacturing processes and sectors (automotive, white goods manufacturing, food and beverage) and will enable an innovative holistic combination of functionalities for an advanced energy efficient process / product design with reduced environmental impact, taking into account the specifics of the countries in which the project innovation must be applied and the sectoral needs.
FUNDACION CARTIF - Spain 2.
RINA CONSULTING SPA – Italy 3.
FONDAZIONE LINKS - LEADING INNOVATION & KNOWLEDGE FOR SOCIETY - Italy 4.
ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS - Greece 5.
FUNDACION CIRCE CENTRO DE INVESTIGACION DE RECURSOS Y CONSUMOS ENERGETICOS - Spain 6.
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SPA - Italy 7.
ONE TEAM SRL - Italy 8.
PRE SUSTAINABILITY BV - Netherlands 9.
IRISH MANUFACTURING RESEARCH COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE - Ireland 10.
FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V. - Germany 11.
ASOCIACION ESPANOLA DE NORMALIZACION - Spain 12.
AENOR INTERNACIONAL SA - Spain 13.
WINGS ICT SOLUTIONS INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IKE - Greece 14.
ATHINAIIKI ZYTHOPIIA ANONYMOS ETAIRIA - Greece 15.
ARCELIK A.S. - Turkey 16.
TOFAS TURK OTOMOBIL FABRIKASI ANONIM SIRKETI - Turkey 17.
GALLETAS GULLON SA - Spain 18.
COMPETENCE INDUSTRY MANUFACTURING 40 - Italy 19.
SMARKIA ENERGY SL - Spain 20.
VEOLIA SERVICIOS LECAM SOCIEDAD ANONIMA UNIPERSONAL - Spain