The event will take place in L'Aquila (Italy)
The 11th International Conference Magnetism and Metallurgy WMM’24 will be held from 19 to 21 June 2024 in L’Aquila (Italy) in cooperation with University of L’Aquila.
WMM is organized by RINA every two years to bring together experts from the manufacturing industry of Soft and Hard Magnetic Materials scientists and electrical engineers from universities, research groups and industry, as well as companies and institutes involved in industrial applications of Magnetic Materials.
The programme will include invited lectures and posters, which will certainly be a good reference point for future work and developments in the field in the coming years. All papers will be published in the conference proceedings, which will be distributed to participants at the conference venue.
- EUROGROUP Laminations is the Industrial Partner and sponsor of WMM' 2024
- LTC Group Legnano Teknoelectric Company is sponsor of WMM '24
- Abstract Submission 29.11.2023
- Registration (early bird) 03.01.2024
- Manuscripts Submission 04.03.2024
- Progresses in Electrical Steels and other Soft Magnetic Materials grades
- Development in Fabrication of Electrical Steels and other Soft Magnetic Materials, and progress on equipment for their manufacturing
- FeSi Steels, and other Soft Magnetic Materials: advances in the optimum microstructure/texture development, and control along processing route
- Modeling of Microstructure evolution along processing routes of Electrical Steels and other Soft Magnetic Materials
- Microstructure and Magnetic properties relations: advances in understanding and products design
- Soft and Hard Magnetic Materials via Additive Manufacturing
- New Amorphous and Nanocrystalline magnetic materials to build Motors and Transformers cores
- High quality “semifinished” electrical steel with high characteristics and their application
- Electric Mobility applications - Tailoring Material Grades for the different Types of Vehicles
- Viable solutions to the problem of recharging the EV/HEV batteries
- “Conventional” and “unconventional” soft magnetic materials adapt to build distribution transformers, suitable in the realization of smart grids for EV/HEV batteries recharging
- Grades for the diverse Types of Vehicles/Motors: Optimum magnetic materials and Optimum Design
- Advances in Magnetic measurements and characterizations of soft and hard Magnetic Materials
- Electrical steel and other Soft Magnetic Materials, and their application to Magnetic field shielding
WMM’24 will include a limited number of exhibits and poster papers. Preference will be given to posters presenting R&D results on materials technologies and/or devices. Authors of posters can present a paper of up to 14 pages that strictly follows the template and guidelines provided in the conference website.
The papers should be uploaded in the conference website and will be submitted to the program manager that will inform applicants on their acceptance.
Poster size dimensions
0.7m (l) x 1 m (h). Panels to attach the posters will be provided at the conference
Table, two chairs, electric outlet. If there are different needs, possible supplement will be evaluated. Exhibitor roll-up or banner are well accepted
The registration fee includes conference proceeding, refreshments, lunches, welcome cocktail on the first day as well as a social program and gala dinner at the second day.
- Conference attendance early bird: 650 EUR (up to 03.01.2024)
- Conference attendance: 750 EUR (after 03.01.2024)
- Exhibitors: 2500 EUR (conference + exhibition space fee)
- Conference attendance for PHD students: 350 EUR (no social program included)
- Gala dinner for accompanying person: 100 EUR
All regularly registered conference attendees who need an invitation letter for the VISA application can send their request to the WMM24 secretary's office mail address: WMMconference@rina.org