With more deep and ultra-deep fields being developed and technological envelopes being pushed ever further, engaging Inspection / Quality Assurance services during the procurement, manufacturing and testing phases can help clients ensure the quality and compliance of SURF equipment.
The main areas covered by SURF are:
- Inspection of SURF equipment in the leading manufacturers around the globe
- Acting as a Certification Authority
- Provision of SURF equipment specialists to carry out Technical & ISO Audits of existing and new manufacturing facilities
- Provision of SURF equipment specialists during the reeling/laying process and to oversee SIT and SAT tests
- Marine Warranty services during SURF equipment transport and installation
- Desk support services to clients, such as: technical review of manufacturer procedures, specifications, ITP/QCP’s, review/critique Inspection interventions and provide technical input for drafting client specifications.
Typical deliverables are SURF equipment inspection reports as TPI, SURF Equipment Certificates as Certifying Authority and MWS Certificates, through which RINA:
- Ensure goods compliance with applying specifications, codes, standards & manufacturers procedures/drawings
- Lessen NPT (Non-Productive Time) due to failures
- Help clients determine the suitability of new and existing SURF equipment manufacturing facilities
- We only use competent verified experienced personnel, many coming from a SURF equipment manufacturing and testing background
- Provide a cost effective means of verifying quality of product and verification of supplier or SURF EPCI company QA/QC
- Ensure personnel safety offshore & onshore
- Reduce risk to the environment which may result due to failures
- Help business continuity
- Help ensure Asset safety.
Acting as a Third-Party on behalf of clients, or as the Independent Certification Authority, our team has a comprehensive understanding of specialist subsea operations and the role that critical SURF equipment for the Oil & Gas Industry plays.
We have dedicated centers of excellence handling SURF equipment Inspections.
The cornerstone of our experience comes from group companies EDIF NDE and the former Boldbrink who have a long history in conducting SURF equipment Inspections.
From beginning with one of the first flexible flow lines built in the US for deepwater operations for Oryx Energy, through to working on a daily basis for major O&G and SURF EPCI contractors around the globe.