The UNI EN 15593 standard governs the ability of organisations to manage the hygiene risks associated with the production of materials and/or objects that come into contact with food.
The standard is based on the good manufacturing practices of food packaging, complying with the legal requirements, customer expectations, and the health and safety aspects of consumer products.
The main benefits for the customer are:
- encourage the free circulation of packaging materials and packaged foods, while maintaining adequate and constant levels of safety and hygiene
- demonstrate that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of food packaging
- communicate confidence throughout the supply chain
- comply with retailer requirements for BRC/IOP standards
- improve relations with the food and agriculture safety authorities.
- Compilation of the information questionnaire
- submission of the technical/economic offer which, once accepted, constitutes a service contract
- audit at the company and related reporting
- in the event of a successful outcome of the previous phases, certification is assessed by a technical committee
- in case of successful completion of the previous phases, the certificate is delivered to the company
- annual audit to maintain the certificate.