The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) involves the implementation of GHG reduction projects in developing Countries by public or private investors.
Being a third-party company, RINA SERVICES independently verifies the projects: a conformity evaluation based on the CDM requirements of the UNFCCC, the operational arm of the UN as concerns climate change and which co-ordinates the development of CDM projects and accredits third-party verification agencies, known as Designated Operational Entities (DOE).
- Promote sustainable growth in developing Countries
- contribute to achieving the objectives of the Kyoto protocol by industrialised Countries
- obtain credits that can be traded on the carbon market or used by European companies lying within the scope of the
EU Emission Trading Directive (Dir. 2003/87/EC, as amended).
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES is accredited by the UNFCCC
as a DOE to carry out Validation and Verification of Clean Development Mechanism
projects in the following sectors:
- 1. Energy industries (renewable/non-renewable sources)
- 2. Energy distribution
- 3. Energy demand
- 4. Manufacturing industries
- 5. Chemical industry
- 6. Construction
- 7. Transport
- 8. Mining/Mineral production
- 9. Metal production
- 10. Fugitive emissions from fuels (solid, oil and gas)
- 11. Fugitive emissions from production and consumption of halocarbons and sulphur hexafluoride
- 13. Waste handling and disposal
- 14. Afforestation and reforestation
- 15. Agriculture.
Our consolidated experience in this mechanism and our highly skilled resources, located in various different areas of the world, qualify us to perform the validation and verification of CDM projects.
RINA SERVICES also offers specialized courses and analysis related to the theme of the service: for further information please send an e-mail to email@example.com
CDM VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION PROCEDURE
- publication of the "Project Design Document", for comments, on the
- project validation and evaluation of the comments received. If the comments are not sufficiently motivated, RINA SERVICES can ask the commentators for clarifications.
- publication of the “Monitoring Report” on the
- project verification.
Who can present a CDM project?
Public or private investors from industrialised or developing countries.What does project validation and verification mean?
It is a conformity evaluation performed by a third-party company, based on the CDM requirements indicated in the
.How long does a validation process last?
From nine months to two years on average: the duration mainly depends on the quality of the project presented.