The Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC affects the design, construction and marketing of the following products:
- interchangeable fittings
- safety components
- lifting accessories
- chains, ropes and webbing
- removable mechanical transmission devices
- partly completed machines.
Depending on the type of machine, the Directive:
- codifies the methods to be used by the manufacturer to draw up the Declaration of Conformity and obtain CE marking
- defines the essential safety requirements the machine must satisfy
- identifies the categories of machines with potential elevated hazards for the operator / user.
WHY RINA SERVICES?RINA SERVICES operates as Notified Body no. 0474, following authorisation issued by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development (Official Journal no. 237 of 09/10/2010).