The production and distribution of pressure vessels and equipment are governed by two Community regulations: Directive 97/23/EC PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) concerns the certification of pressure products and components and the qualification of materials, personnel and processes. Directive 99/36/EC TPED (confirmed by Directive 2010/35/EU) concerns transportable pressure equipment which, before it can be placed on the market, must obtain π marking. These are vessels designed to transport compressed, liquefied or dissolved gases that present three characteristics, namely, pressure, danger and transportability.
Services Performed in conformity with Directive 97/23/Ec Ped:
- Conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies (Annex III)
- European approval for materials (Article 11)
- Approval of the quality assurance system of the manufacturer of the materials (Annex I, point 4.3)
- Approval of permanent joints procedures, welding operators and non-destructive testing operators as third party recognized organization (Annex I, points 3.1.2 and 3.1.3).
- Qualification of welding procedures and welders according to all the main recognised international codes and standards
- Qualification and approval of Non-Destructive Test Operators according to all the main recognised international codes and standards.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES has operated as Notified company for the PED Directive since 2001 (no. 0474). It can offer all the services indicated by the Directive as concerns the certification of pressure products and components, the qualification of materials, personnel and processes, combining the operative potential of its certification network with the range of all the possible laboratory tests required by the applicable regulations.
RINA SERVICES can also provide all the services relevant to TPED directive through ISCIR CERT, a subsidiary based in Bucharest (Notified Body no. 1798).