As regards the AtEx directive, RINA SERVICES acts as a Notified Body and provides the following services:
- issue of the EU-type examination certificate
- issue of the Conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production process certificate
- issue of the Conformity to type based on product verification certificate
- issue of the Conformity to type based on internal production control plus supervised product testing certificate
- issue of the Conformity to type based on product quality assurance certificate
- issue of the Conformity based on unit verification certificate
- custody of the technical documentation dossier
- verification of the level of IP protection of the enclosures
- heat and mechanical tests
- material tests
- environmental tests
- issue of the voluntary type examination Certificate (non UE)
- inspections of machinery and/or plants involved in the issue of the certificate
- dedicated training.
TECHNICAL FOCUSDirective 2014/34/EU (AtEx) applies to all types of equipment, protective systems and components intended for use in or in relation to potentially explosive atmospheres. The Directive also concerns control and safety devices intended to be used outside the potentially explosive atmosphere but essential for the safe functioning of the equipment and protective systems in relation to the risk of explosion.
“Explosive atmosphere” means a mixture of air characterized by the simultaneous presence of flammable substances in the form of gases, vapours, mists or dusts and in which, following ignition, combustion spreads to the entire unburned mixture.
WHY RINA SERVICES?RINA SERVICES operates as Notified Body no. 0474, following authorisation issued by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development (Directorial Decree of 21/04/2016). The list of notification is freely downloadable in the document list. Certification activities are performed by highly qualified staff supported by laboratories accredited to UNI EN ISO 17025 with access to leading-edge equipment.