All construction products designed for use in a permanent manner must be CE-marked in order to circulate freely and be marketed in the European Union. Manufacturers are supported by a notified company which performs certification activities, tests and assessments of the constancy of product performance. By affixing the mark, the manufacturer accepts responsibility for the conformity of the product with the performance declaration and with all the applicable requirements established in the reference regulation.
These requirements are governed by Regulation (EU) no. 305/2011 (CPR) which repeals the previous Directive 89/106/EEC and defines harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products.
- aggregates (natural, crushed, industrially processed and recycled)
- prefab concrete products
- structural metal products and ancillaries
- circulation fixtures: road equipment
- road construction products
- cement, building limes and other hydraulic binders
- wood-based panels and elements (only fireproof)
- internal and external wall and ceiling finishes
- curtain walling
- roof coverings, roof lights, roof windows and ancillary products
- flat glass, profiled glass, their second processing and glass block products
- thermal insulation products and systems
- gypsum products
- waterproofing membranes
- masonry and related products.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES is a Certification company and Notified Laboratory pursuant to Regulation (EU) no. 305/2011 (CPR). Our team, boasting years of experience in auditing construction products and issuing conformity documents, provides continuous support to operators.
Our activities for the certification of construction products comprise:
- product determination on the basis of type tests (sampling included), type calculations, values taken from tables or descriptive documentation
- initial inspection of the production facility and of factory production control
- continuous surveillance, evaluation and verification of factory production control.
After successfully completing these steps, RINA SERVICES can issue, for the purposes of product CE-marking:
- a Certificate of conformity of factory production control (system 2+)
- a Certificate of constancy of product performance (system 1)
- a Test report (system 3).
What products are covered by CPR?
All products which are incorporated in a permanent manner in construction works or parts thereof.
What is the CE mark?
It is a visual symbol which demonstrates that the product complies with the declaration of performance (DOP) and all the applicable requirements established in the CPR and in the pertinent Union harmonisation regulations.
Where is the CE mark applied?
It must be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the construction product or to a label attached to it; or, where this is not possible on account of the nature of the product, it must be affixed to the packaging or to the accompanying documents.
How must the Declaration of Performance (DOP) be drawn up?
The contents of Art. 6 and Annex III of the CPR must be observed.