The Railway Certification Laboratory can carry out the whole set of tests for the Balise covered by the UNISIG SUBSET-085 specification.
The purpose of these tests is to verify full and safe interoperability, regardless of the manufacturer, between trackside and on-board equipment.
The tests are carried out under all the debris and metallic mass conditions contained in SUBSET-085. In particular, the conditions applied are: clear water (class A and B), salt water (class A and B), magnetite (class A and B), metallic plate underneath the Balise (case 1, 2 and 3), steel sleeper and other metallic objects.
The tests established by SUBSET-085 and carried out by the laboratory concern the following items:
- Verification of Interface 'A' (air-gap):
- Electromagnetic field conformity for Tele-powering received by the Balise in the contact, side lobe and cross-talk zones;
- Electromagnetic field conformity for the Up-link generated by the Balise in the contact, side lobe and cross-talk zones;
- Compliance of the electrical characteristics of the Up-link signal;
- Verification of Balise controlling interface 'C', (only for controlled Balises) through the following parameters:
- Characteristics of the Up-link signal of Interface 'C1';
- Biasing signal characteristics of Interface 'C6';
- Return loss at the source end (LEU output) of Interfaces 'C1' and 'C6';
- Switching from Interface 'C1' telegram to the default telegram when an invalid signal is temporarily or permanently simulated at Interface 'C1';
- Blocking signal characteristics at interface 'C4' (if applicable).
- Verification of internal functionality:
- I / O characteristics;
- Balise impedance with respect to the Tele-powering source;
- Time delay between data at Interfaces 'C1' and 'A1' (only for controlled Balises);
- Start-up behaviour of the Up-link signal;
- KER compatible response with a “non-toggling” Tele-powering signal;
- Verification of “Cross-talk immunity” with nearby cables (transversal cables according to the installation constraints given by the manufacturer);
- Verification of compliance with some specific EMC requirements.