RINA SERVICES offers third-party audit and certification services for the movement, shipping and offshore installation of large structures and infrastructures, such as stationary rigs, undersea lines (gas and oil pipelines and electric cables) and offshore sites of all kinds.
The technical, documental and operative audit generally concern the following types of marine operations:
- onshore handling, loading and transport on ships or towed pontoons
- offshore lifting by vessels fitted with cranes (Crane Barges, Heavy Lift Vessels); offshore installation and pile driving
- handling and installation of undersea pipelines and relative accessory work (trenching, tie-in, mattressing, etc.).
SERVICE DETAILSOffshore certification guarantees the safety and quality of operations involving the use of various types of vessels. The technical audit and consequent certification guarantee that the work is planned and performed according to recognized international standards and with a level of risk that is tolerable for the industry and for all the players involved.
The activity concerns the provision of project documentation and the planning of marine operations (procedures, drawings, specifications, manuals), the on-site audit prior to performing the operation and/or assistance during performance.
WHY RINA SERVICES?We have audited and certified maritime transport for decades (at least 20 operations a year) according to our in-house regulations that were developed for this specific activity and are kept updated according to shared experiences, studies performed and the development of available technologies.
RINA SERVICES is regularly involved in the third-party audits of offshore projects, especially as regards construction and installation activities concerning which we can provide a long list of references.
- Issue, before the offshore operation starts, of formal approval which attests that it has been planned and the dedicated equipment has been designed in conformity with the requirements of the RINA standard or of applicable internationally-recognized standards
- After the operation is completed, issue of a "Certificate of Conformity" to attest the suitability of the vessels, materials and equipment used in the operations, as well as their correct performance in conformity with approved procedures.
The team appointed to perform the service comprises specialized marine and structural engineers and specialists with naval and offshore operating experience.
FAQIs the certification of offshore operation performed by a single expert on-site?
No, the on-site audit is performed following completion of the documents review on manuals, procedures, calculation notes, etc., which is carried out at our offices.
How is the field of application for certification defined for individual projects?
RINA SERVICESproposes a standard action plan for the most common operations; in spite of this the battery limits can be specifically agreed depending on the characteristics of the work and the associated level of risk.