RINA SERVICES performs conformity verification, according to the Interoperability Directive EC/2008/57 and the Technical Specifications for Interoperability, for high-speed and conventional rail systems, and also for subsystems and relevant components.
The main objective of the EC verification is the creation of the interoperability of the railway sector, which can be achieved by implementing technical construction and management standards which are the same throughout Europe, and also transposed into national law by the vast majority of Member States.
EC Verification applies to the following subsystems:
- Rolling Stock: trains, locomotives and wagons
- Infrastructure: civil works like tunnels and bridges, together with railtrack
- Energy: substations and contact line
- Signalling: all equipment for safe control of train operation
- GSM-R: radio-communication between trains and control centers
- components: wheels, couplers, pantograph, contact strip, rail, sleeper, fastening systems, ERTMS and GSM-R equipment (Eurobalise, Euroloop, Radio Block Center).
The EC verification process generally consists of three phases:
- Design examination
- test witnessing
- test report validation.
WHY RINA SERVICES?RINA SERVICES is notified for the third part certification according to Interoperability Directive. Our teams have a huge technical experience, which ranges from the high speed railway system solutions to the regional trains and freight wagons. We can offer a tailored approach to specific projects, in order to give flexible solutions, with the support of strong teams of professional, dedicated to each of the subsystems to deal with.