The Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC affects the design, construction and marketing of the following products:
- interchangeable fittings
- safety components
- lifting accessories
- chains, ropes and webbing
- removable mechanical transmission devices
- partly completed machines.
Depending on the type of machine, the Directive:
- codifies the methods to be used by the manufacturer to draw up the Declaration of Conformity and obtain CE marking
- defines the essential safety requirements the machine must satisfy
- identifies the categories of machines with potential elevated hazards for the operator / user
- defines a mandatory requisite for free market circulation of these products among UE Member States.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES operates as Notified Body no. 0474, following authorization issued by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development (Inter ministerial Decree 30/12/2015).
RINA SERVICES is accredited for the product categories and conformity assessment procedures concerned by the notification which is freely downloadable in the document list.
Concerning machinery and safety components not included in Annex IV, RINA SERVICES, acting as competent independent advisor, can issue, on manufacturer’s request, a voluntary assessment report.