A Carbon Footprint measures the GHG emissions of any product or service. The correct measurement of the Carbon Footprint makes it possible to identify the most environmentally critical elements throughout the product life cycle (LCA) and define the strategies required to reduce emissions.
The standards to which auditing activities refer are:
- GHG PROTOCOL - Product life cycle accounting and reporting standard
- PAS 2050:2011 - Specification for the assessment of the life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services
- ISO/TS 14067:2013 - Greenhouse gases - Carbon footprint of products - Requirements and guidelines for quantification and communication.
- Increase in the attention to climate change
- marketing of products with a reduced environmental impact
- improvement in the transparency of customer relations through emission reporting
- possibility of identifying improvement opportunities thanks to the constant monitoring of greenhouse gas emissions and of the critical nature of the product or service.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
Our highly qualified verifiers derive from the long-standing experience of RINA SERVICES in the sphere of Life Cycle Assessment, which lies at the heart of the Carbon Footprint and of the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD).
RINA SERVICES also offers specialized courses and analysis related to the theme of the service: for further information please send an e-mail to
- Documents review of the Carbon Footprint study, of the spreadsheets and of the formulas used
- on-site verification of data acquisition and modelling of the calculations performed by the analysis software
- independent review by a qualified technician not belonging to the audit team.
The Carbon Footprint certificate is valid for one year.