The manufacturing and distribution of pressure vessels and equipment are governed by the directive 2014/68/EU, recasting 97/23/EC, on Pressure Equipment (PED). It concerns the certification of pressure equipment and components and the qualification of materials, personnel and processes.
Services Performed in conformity with Directive 2014/68/EU – 97/23/EC (PED):
- Conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies (Annex III)
- Approval of the quality assurance system of the manufacturer of the materials (Annex I, point 4.3)
- Approval of permanent joints procedures, welding operators and non-destructive testing operators as third party recognized organization (Annex I, points 3.1.2 and 3.1.3).
- Qualification of welding procedures and welders according to all the main recognised international codes and standards
- Qualification and approval of Non-Destructive Test Operators according to all the main recognised international codes and standards.
WHY RINA SERVICES?RINA SERVICES has operated as Notified company for the PED Directive since 2001 (no. 0474).
It can offer all the services indicated by the Directive as concerns the certification of pressure products and components, the qualification of materials, personnel and processes, combining the operative potential of its certification network with the range of all the possible laboratory tests required by the applicable regulations.