The voluntary certification of product conformity, with relative granting of the licence to use the Quality Mark, is issued for the following requirements:
- a producer wishes to declare and certify technical requirements of its products in addition to the mandatory ones
- a producer wishes to differentiate itself from its competitors by demonstrating the quality of its products
- a harmonised standard is not yet available, only a draft standard.
The Quality Mark certifies the conformity of the product with regulatory documents or particular technical specifications provided by the producer.
Added value and recognition of the product on the market
- increased guarantee of product quality
- guarantee of product specifications and performance
- differentiation through an objective marketing instrument
- increased visibility towards potential clients
- compliance with current regulations.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES is an independent third party, internationally recognised within the sphere of product certification.
Thanks to its long-standing experience and capillary operating network, it can support producers in the development and management of the various phases of their activities.
The certification procedure comprises the following steps:
- on-site audit: audit and tests on the product and the production process
- issue of certification following the successful completion of the audit, and granting of the right to use the RINA Quality Mark
- periodic audits to certify maintenance of conformity and renewal of certification.
What does product certification mean?
- The Certificate of Conformity certifies that a product complies with one or more regulatory documents.
Does the certification of conformity expire?
- Its validity is subject to the successful outcome of the periodic surveillance audits.
If there is no reference standard is it possible to obtain a certificate of product conformity?
- The reference document can be a technical specification provided by the Producer, possibly integrated with additional documents.
How is a certified product recognised?
- By attaching the Quality Mark issued by RINA SERVICES to it.