RINA SERVICES, thanks to our international network of auditors, is accredited to issue the following automotive certification services:
- ISO/TS 16949 certification, applicable to the suppliers of components for production or servicing (spare parts), suppliers of heat treatments, painting, chrome plating or other finish services, and automotive manufacturers of cars, motorbikes and industrial vehicles. This certification is issued in the sphere of CISQ AUTOMOTIVE, the consortium of Certification companies recognised by IATF;
- VSQ-MIA certification, applicable to suppliers of equipment/machinery used for assembly, heat treatment, pressing, forging, painting, welding. This certification is delivered in the sphere of ACCREDIA accreditation.
- Instruments of growth in efficiency, productivity and competence
- increased value on the product market and advantageous position with respect to uncertified companies
- added value with respect to ISO 9001 certification
- insertion in a global database exclusively for OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturer) that can therefore identify the certification status of suppliers.
REGULATORY FOCUSNo matter what the size of the organisation, from small producers to multinationals, the ISO/TS 16949 certification is an obligatory requirement for competing on the market.
Since the Eighties, constant productivity and competitiveness, together with continuous attempts to reach maximum levels of quality, has driven the main OEM to personally define various management standards that can be integrated into the ISO 9000 family, but that are also aimed at specific requirements of the reference market.
ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard was developed by the IATF (International Automotive Task Force) to promote improvement in the certification process, both in the OEM and its supply chain.
The previous standards relative to the automotive sector evolved through the issue of the QS9000, AVSQ-94 and VDA 6.1 schemes, up to the unification of all the various standards issued in the various States in ISO/TS 16949:99 which has been revised various times up to the latest version of 2009.