About 80% of the energy consumed in the EU comes from fossil fuels: oil, natural gas and coal. The environmental effects of this system, together with security issues and the inevitable economic implications, make essential a more rational use and better overall management of energy, in order to achieve real sustainable development.
The ISO 50001 "Energy Management Systems - Requirements with guidance on the application" is the appropriate response. A rule that is the complement of "energy" of the other two products Regulatory now established the UNI EN ISO 9001 on quality management systems and ISO 14001 on environmental management systems.
The international Standard specifies requirements for an energy management system and enables an organization to have a systematic approach to continuous improvement of its energy performance, greater energy efficiency and sustainability, regardless of its type.
The Standard itself does not define specific performance criteria for energy. ISO 50001 will help companies to organise systems and processes aimed at improving energy efficiency: a management that leads to economic benefits and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. It is a technical document useful for businesses of any size and type can adapt to a variety of geographic, cultural and social.
The ISO 50001 may be taken independently or integrated with other management systems.
The certification service is developed through:
- Document analysis, which can be held at the Organisation's or at RINA headquarters
- Verification of the characteristics of the energy services provided or supply, at all the service phases, since the verification of the minimal contents of the offer, pending verification of correct and transparent management of the monitoring and related records of the energy performance of downstream implementation of energy service developed
- Assessment of Organisational capacity, diagnostics, planning, management, finance and economics.
For each certification activities are identified and appointed audit groups specifically competent in the scheme and in the sector.
WHY RINA SERVICES?For this service, RINA Services has obtained Accredia accreditation for all the technical areas, with no geographical limitations. Thanks to the accreditation, the competence of our technicians and our global network, we can provide the certification service for any type of Organisation, no matter where it is located.
Who should use the ISO 50001?
Mainly organizations that consume significant amounts of energy.What are the main advantages of the application and certification of a management system according to ISO 50001?
- Improve their energy performance in a systematic way
- Having a structured system of monitoring and updating of the system of mandatory provisions and either voluntarily subscribed within the energy management
- Having the opportunity to improve the specificity and thus make the most advantageous conditions of contract for the supply of energy.