Certification of conformity with international standard ISO 30000 defines the requirements of the management system for ship recycling operations in order to control efficiency, safety and environmental respect during implementation.
This management system must be implemented and applied throughout the ship recycling facility, that is, the area used by an organisation to dismantle and subsequently recover ships.
ISO 30000 certification applies to any ship recycling facility that intends to define, implement, maintain and improve a safety management system that respects the environment, in conformity with its eco-sustainable management policy.
ISO 30000 certification applies to the entire ship recycling process:
- accepting a ship
- storage of materials and wastes from the ship
- assessing any hazards on board the ship
- conducting required training
- ensuring the availability of social amenities (first aid, health checks, food and beverages)
- final disposal of the ship bearing in mind the above-mentioned criteria of efficiency, safety and sustainability.
WHY RINA SERVICES?Thanks to our long-standing experience in the marine and certification fields, RINA SERVICES is a primary partner for an independent certification service in conformity with ISO 30000.
- compilation of the questionnaire
- dispatch of the offer by RINA SERVICES and, if accepted, stipulation of the ISO 30000 certification contract
- stage 1 audit, documents review
- stage 2 audit, analytical on-site audit
- issue of certificate
- three-year verification for the maintenance of certification.