RINA SERVICES has developed BEST 4 (Business Excellence Sustainable Task) scheme for organisations with management systems that have been recognised as complying with one standard for each of the following sectors:
- quality: maximising value for shareholders by combining quality requirements with effective cost management solutions
- environment: environmental safeguard with particular attention to stakeholders and the management of costs and risks
- safety: occupational health and safety increases the productivity of the work force and reduces the costs connected with "non-safety"
- social accountability: social impact, meaning the correct management of the rights of workers and of production chains, creates qualified employment that can be attractive and involving, thus increasing staff motivation and professionalism.
- Optimise organisational and production processes
- create a univocal and unique management system, based on criteria of simplification and efficiency
- increase synergies between employees and outside the company
- streamline and integrate company audits and relative documentation
- optimise investments and resources.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES was the first and only company to adopt BEST4 as a registered trademark. Our first certificate was issued in April 2004 to Costa Crociere: our ten-year experience and the competence and the proven capacity of our auditors make RINA SERVICES a primary partner in the delivery of this type of service.
BEST 4 AND BEST 4 PLUS
Best 4 is requested by organisations that are already certified in the relative four sectors (Quality, Environment, Safety and Social Accountability). Best 4 Plus certification is issued to organisations which, as well as satisfying Best 4 requirements, add at least one other certificate in one of the above-mentioned sectors.
How many and which standards are compatible with Best 4?
As well as the traditional schemes, such as
, OHSAS 18001 and
, alternatives for Best 4 can be, for example,
ISO TS 16949 for Quality, ISO 50001 for the environment,
for Safety, and the
for Social Accountability.Do Best 4 and Best 4 Plus have to be obtained at the same time?
No, they can also be issued at different time provided the validity of the requirements can be demonstrated.How long does Best 4 certification last?
Best 4 or Best 4 Plus certification remains valid as long as all the certificates that allowed it to be issued remain valid. If just one of these expires, Best 4 certification is also withdrawn.