The FSSC 22000 Certification, applied to the food safety management systems, verifies the compliance to the requirements for producing and placing on the market products and food that are safe for consumers.
In particular, it applies to the producers of:
- perishable animal products
- products with long shelf life at ambient temperature
- food ingredients (except for technical and technological supports).
The certificate of conformity with FSSC 22000 must be guaranteed by a third-party company, which delivers this service to organisations of all types and sizes operating in the food production sector.
The FSSC 22000 certification integrates ISO 22000:2005 and ISO/TS 22002-1, it is supported by the CIAA (Confederation of Food and Drink Industries of the EU) and is approved by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
Adoption of a protocol for the systematic management of PRP's (Pre-Requisite Programs)
- clearer and more transparent communication along the supply chain
- increase in the customer portfolio on the domestic and international markets
- flexibility in the application of the standard with respect to customer specifications.
WHY RINA SERVICES?RINA SERVICES provides third-party certification services for operators in the international agri-food sector. Our highly qualified staff puts the excellence of the services it provides and customer satisfaction at the heart of its mission.
- Compilation of the questionnaire
- dispatch of the technical/economic offer which, once accepted, constitutes the FSSC 22000 certification provision contract
- audit at the company's premises and relative reporting
- if the previous steps are successful, certification is reviewed by a technical committee
- if the previous steps are successful, the FSSC 22000 certificate is issued.
How long must I have applied the FSSC 22000 management system before I can obtain certification?
The minimum system application time is 3 months. Normally, however, the minimum time required is at least twice that as at least one complete audit cycle and management review must be performed during this time.
How often are audits performed?
Audits are performed at least once a year.
Must I apply all the requirements of the standard?
Every omission must be clearly and fully justified before it can be accepted.