The quality of agri-foods is not only restricted to their goodness and genuineness, it also means safety and wholesomeness: a viewpoint that is also shared by producers, who make it a core factor of competitiveness. Food safety is a basic requirement, governed by national and/or international standards, which the trade operators must meet. Standards in this field are certifiable on a voluntary basis, representing the trade’s commitment to communicate confidence and excellence along the supply chain.
Improvements in internal processes and productivity levels
- compliance with standards
- increased product safety
- guaranteed satisfaction of consumer expectations as regards quality and safety
- compliance with the requirements of international retailers
- facilitation of any food product withdrawals and/or recalls
- increased visibility and competitiveness in the reference markets.