The voluntary programmes VCS (Verified Carbon Standard), GS (Gold Standard), ACR (American Carbon Registry) and SCS (Social Carbon Standard) derive from the challenge that governments and organisations currently face for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
These programmes, adopted on a voluntary basis, contribute towards achieving the objectives of the Kyoto Protocol on climate change and allow organisations that implement them to obtain verified emission reduction credits (VERs).
The greenhouse effect generates new scenarios concerning the more sustainable use of resources in production and in business activities.
- Transparently quantify social and environmental performance
- monitor and verify emissions reduction trends
- improve energy efficiency, especially as regards renewable sources
- apply international environmental integrity standards
- obtain credits that can be used in the carbon market.
WHY RINA SERVICES?
RINA SERVICES is accredited by the
as a Designated Operational Entity for carrying out the
Validation and Verification of CDM projects
. Our highly qualified staff is therefore authorised to perform these activities in the sphere of voluntary Verified Carbon Standard, Gold Standard, American Carbon Registry and Social Carbon Standard programmes. We act as a certified partner for validating and verifying projects and/or helping organisations to propose new methods.
We also offer specialized courses and analysis related to the theme of the service: for further information please send an e-mail to
service delivery process
- documents review for checking conformity with the standards the various programmes are based on
- follow-up involving all stakeholders
- preparation of the final validation/certification report with relative opinion.