This page summarises the first steps that can be taken to upgrade to ISO 9001:2015 and/or ISO 14001:2015.
RINA SERVICES is already available to do a gap analysis of your management system. This will allow you to have a concrete indication of the real conformity status in relation to the elements that have changed in the reference standard. Contact your usual office or the office nearest to you, via the form in the right hand column.
... I AM NOT YET CERTIFIED
- Analyse the standard to check whether your company's management system conforms to some of the requirements laid down by the new revision.
This will allow you to:
- Implement a management system that suits your company situation.
- Plan times and resources for obtaining certification.
- Once you have implemented your management system, contact RINA SERVICES to begin the certification process.
... I AM CERTIFIED IN CONFORMITY TO THE OLD VERSION OF THE STANDARD
The extent of change in the management system, required to go from the old to the new edition, varies according to:
- The maturity and efficacy of the current management system
- The organisation's structure and procedures
Impact analysis / gap assessment activities are strongly recommended to realistically identify the times and resources necessary.
These are the actions to be taken:
- Identify the organisational gaps to be filled in relation to the elements changed.
- Draw up an implementation plan.
- Provide adequate training and awareness to the parties involved, that have repercussions on the efficacy of the management system.
- Update the existing management system to satisfy the requirements of the new edition and provide evidence of its efficacy.
- Ask your contact person at RINA SERVICES to start the transition process.