The client can do the transition activity:
- Organisations with ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO 14001:2004 certification are granted a period of three years to make the transition to the new standard.
- For this time period, the previous editions of the standard remain in effect.
- When this time period elapses, certificates issued according to the ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO 14001:2004 standard will no longer be valid.
The transition audit is made up of two steps:
- Along with the surveillance audit
- Along with the re-certification audit
- Between two programmed audits.
Possible outcomes of the transition audit:
- Off-site document review, during which the main change elements are analysed.
- On-site audit.
- Positive outcome: issuing a certificate of conformity to the new standard.
- Negative outcome: if conformity to the previous edition of the standard remains, the organisation can maintain its old certification with an expiry date limited to the end of the transition period.
... I AM ALREADY CERTIFIED WITH ANOTHER CERTIFICATION BODY AND WANT TO SWITCH TO RINA SERVICES
- If you have certification issued in terms of accreditation in conformity to the old edition of the standard, you can ask for the certificate to be transferred to RINA SERVICES and then do the transition.
- If you have already done the transition, you can ask for the certificate to be transferred, if issued by an accredited body.
... I AM ALREADY CERTIFIED BY RINA SERVICES AND MY SURVEILLANCE AUDIT IS IMMINENT
From the date of publication of the standard, if you have made all the changes to the system, you can ask for a transition audit at the same time as the planned surveillance audit, with a preliminary document review that could result in an increase in the audit times.
... I AM ALREADY CERTIFIED BY RINA SERVICES AND MY RE-CERTIFICATION AUDIT IS IMMINENT
From the date of publication of the standard, if you have made all the changes to the system, you can ask for a transition audit at the same time as the planned re-certification audit. A preliminary document review will also be necessary on the major elements of change.
... I HAVE REQUESTED CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE PREVIOUS EDITION OF THE STANDARD, BUT THE AUDIT PRODUCED A NEGATIVE OUTCOME
Implement your management system in conformity to the new edition of the standard and request a new certification procedure, which is not subject to the deadline in relation to the date of publication of the standard.
... I AM NOT YET CERTIFIED
Implement your management system according to the requirements of the new edition of the standardand request your first certification.