Cosmetics - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) – Guidelines on good manufacturing practices
Reasons and benefits
- An instrument to support improved management in cosmetic companies.
- Greater guarantee for clients and consumers concerning the requirements of quality, dermatological safety and effective performance of the product.
- Encourages systematic implementation and therefore capitalisation of the good practices of the sector.
- Ensures compliance with the applicable mandatory legislation.
- Fosters communication with clients.
- Describes the “Good Manufacturing Practices”, in line with the state of the art of the sector.
- In line with European reference standards, it gives requirements:
- of an organisational and managerial nature related to personnel, with particular reference to the hygiene and health of operators and visitors;
- about premises;
- about equipment and packaging;
- about production and packaging processes and laboratory tests.