DOP REGISTRATION (Protection of Designations of Origin) - EC Reg. n° 510/2006
This service is offered by Agroqualità S.p.A., a RINA Services controlled company
- Producers/processors of the protected product
Reasons and benefits
- Enables the designation of origin of a product to be protected against any unlawful exploitation, usurpation, imitation or evocation, any false or deceptive indication and any other practice which could mislead a consumer as to the real origin of a product
- Encourages diversification of agricultural products
- Helps the development of rural economy and in particular that of less-favoured or remote areas
- Satisfies market demand for quality products
- Improves level of information to consumers
- Ensures, among community products linked to geographic origin, the same conditions of competition for all producers
The entire production, processing and manufacturing cycle must occur in the designated geographical area.
The intrinsic characteristics of protected products (DOP) depend, wholly or in part, on the production territory, this being not only the environment and its climatic and pedological elements but also its historical-economic, sociological and cultural factors.