TRAINING COURSES ORGANISED IN ITALY BY RINA Services UNDER LICENCE BY TWI, AIMED AT THE CERTIFICATION CSWIP 3.1 WELDING INSPECTOR LEVEL 2
The course is lasting 5 days, with a total amount of 40 hours of training.
The sixth day is for the final examination.
The course includes several theoretical and practical training aimed at preparing the final exams for the certification “CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1”.
The presentation during the training and the final examination are in Italian language.
- To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels
- To recognise characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
- To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met
- To set up and report on inspection of welds, macrosections and other mechanical tests
- To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognise the effects on weld quality of departure from specification
- To be in a position to pass the Welding Inspector - Level 2 examinations
Entry requirements, suitable for
Inspection engineers and supervisory staff. The course is ideal for inspectors requiring preparation for the CSWIP examinations - Welding Inspector, who have experience of three years as a welding inspector or certificated visual welding inspector for a minimum of 2 years or welding instructor/welding foreman/supervisor for a minimum of 5 years independently verified
Those with little or no previous welding experience are advised to attend the Certificate in Visual Inspection of Welds course to prepare for this course
- The duties and responsibilities of a welding inspector;
- fusion welding processes;
- typical weld defects;
- types of steel; carbon-manganese, low alloy and stainless steels;
- hardening of steels;
- heat treatment;
- parent metal defects;
- visual inspection;
- testing parent metals and welds;
- destructive tests;
- NDT techniques;
- welder and procedure approval;
- codes and standards;
- outline of safe working practices;
Achieved Professional qualification
Passing the final examination allows candidates who have the required entry requirements to achieve the certification CSWIP 3.1- Welding Inspector level 2.
Who achieves this certification will receive by TWI Certification Ltd (UKAS Accredited International certification Body) 2 copies of the “CSWIP Certificate of proficiency” and an identity card (see picture below), useful for a quick on-site attestation of your professional qualification; the certification is valid for 5 years, after which can be renewed providing the TWI with the appropriate documentation (evidence of continuous work activity in welding inspection and updating in welding technology).
For any further information, please visit the official TWI web site