In the International Funding Institutions sector, technical and organizational support to the beneficiary countries is developed at the same time as the training of managers and employees of developing countries.
RINA Services has:
- A wide range of experts in its historic fields
- The ability to draw on qualified personnel to start the assistance, from the professional and logistic points of view
- The ability to manage and control complex projects, from both the financial and activities and results standpoints
The support provided by RINA Services depends on the different supply methods:
- Capacity building
- Work together to transmit methodologies, policies and best practices (training on the job)
- Training of local personnel to give continuity to the action when the external intervention is completed (train the trainer).
The Industry Division places the client at the centre, consciously mixing involvement and detachment in the relationship so that results will last after the end of its assignment.
A RECENT PROJECT
Development of equipment certification centers for the transportation of perishable goods, Kazakhstan
Scope of the project: to facilitate trade and transport of perishable goods in the Central Asia Region by improving and harmonizing the legal basis, technical certification system standards in the field of perishable goods road transport at both regional and national level.
The emphasis is on policy making and legislative and regulatory harmonization at regional level linked to the transportation of the said goods.
Focus is on:
- Assisting each Government in developing a policy framework that is harmonized with the international standards and regulations
- Strong link between trade and standards, accreditation, certification
- Full compliance of the new system put in place, with WTO, EC single market and universally acknowledged health, safety and environmental standards.
Activities developed by RINA Services :
- Project Management
- Market research
- Forecast of cargo flows
- Forecast of demand for certification
- Analysis of technical capacities
- Analysis of existing practices
- Examination of sanitary, veterinary and customs regulations/treaties
- Policy advice and development
- Situation analysis
- Coordination of national policies, testing and certification at regional level
- Support to unify standards, practical guidelines, harmonization of certification, testing and licensing with EU models
- Support for accreditation/recognition by relevant transport institutions
- Support for the development of a licensing system
- Human resources development
- Capacity building
- Formal training
- In service training